- I went 12 days past my due date...
- ...only to be blessed with another beautiful homebirth with our midwife, Nancy Spencer, and massage therapist, Katie Greenfield...
- ...where I gave birth to our second SON, yay! We hadn't found out the baby's gender so it was quite a dramatic and wonderful scene getting to find out for myself. I got to cut his cord too!
- We named him William Hudson, and he was 8lbs 9oz. and 20.5" long...my biggest baby by about a pound! He is such a sweet and darling little boy, a good nurser, is just starting to smile socially at me and Isaac, and just last night we moved him to his brand new crib in Johnny's room where he slept from 10:30pm to 5:45am! Good boy :)
- We are adjusting to life with 3 littles here and I think it's going pretty well. I have still yet to figure out how to keep up with ALL the house chores AND keep all 3 kids happy all day, but we're working on it ;) At least the laundry is caught up most of the time and regardless of what the floor looks like, we're still happy here.
- I am enjoying cloth diapering both little ones a LOT. It's been a different experience cloth diapering a newborn (since I started Jeanine in cloth when she was about 8 months), but it has been fully enjoyable and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It was nowhere near as much work as I thought it was going to be.
- John is doing well. He loves William to death, enjoys playing on his computer and looking through books, and is starting to get better at writing his letters which he can now recognize by sight. Fairly soon I'm going to start teaching him all the letter sounds (better than he knows them right now) so that we can get an early jump on reading. He's dying to learn!
- Jeanine has been teething FOR.TWO.WHOLE.MONTHS! The poor girl is a wreck most of the time and sleeps all the time! She's such a sweet and smart little thing and speaks in full sentences now. She and I enjoy being girly sometimes by painting our nails and doing our hair up. Let's just say I'm really glad I got at least one girl in the mix :)
- Isaac is still super busy but enjoying his job on the fire department. He works 48 hours straight at the station and then is off for 4 days. We LOVE this! It's a perfect fit for our family and we're proud to be a fire fighter's family!
8 hours ago